MTV’s Video Music Awards is a wonderful night celebrating some of the most influential, talented and hard working artists in the music industry today. In celebration of the visuals to this year’s hottest songs, celebrities came in different shapes and forms to ultimately celebrate the one thing they live for – music. Last night’s show was no different from the years before! This year’s group of artists came through delivering some amazing outfits, outstanding performance and spontaneous moments! Let’s check out the Top 10 moments from last night’s show!
10. Ariana Grande kicked off the show with a bubbly performance of her current single “Break Free” before Nicki Minaj showed off her assets, delivering a booty-packed, jungle themed performance of her current single “Anaconda.” Jessie J then joins Ari and Nicki onstage for a performance of their current single “Bang Bang”.
9. Taylor Swift hit the stage for a fun performance of her new single “Shake It Off.” Undertaking various different forms of dance, Taylor shimmied her way across the VMA stage. At one point during her performance, the 1989 artists referenced the rehearsal accident in which a snake bit one of her dancers! Overall, Taylor delivered a great performance!
8. While there weren’t many crazy red carpet fashions this time around, everyone looked amazing! From the silver and skins to the revealing slits, this year’s group of celebs know how to keep it flashy!
7. Usher hit the stage for an amazing performance of his new single “She Came To Give It To You.” Opening up with a trap rendition of the pop/R&B track, Usher worked his way into a high energy performance assisted by none other than Nicki Minaj! Unlike her first performance, Nicki was able to keep her clothes on!
6. While Lorde proved that she was still an artist to look out for, she also proved that she isn’t the brightest bulb in the box! While accepting the award for Best Rock Video (first time a female ever won it), the “Royals” singer asks which camera she’s suppose to look into for her acceptance speech but never quite makes it!
5. Ariana Grande beats out pop-peers Iggy Azalea, Pharrell Williams and Jason Derulo taking home the moon man for the “Problem” video. Apparently, we weren’t the only one surprised because Ariana hit the stage in shock! The pint-sized diva reminded us of how cute she was delivering another one of her cringe-worthy acceptance speeches.
3. Miley Cyrus made a statement in a different way this year. Upon receiving the VMA for Video of the Year for shocking “Wrecking Ball” video, Miley took the time to raise awareness for the 1.6 million runaways and homeless youth of our nation. Although the controversial singer didn’t take the stage and had a random deliver the speech for her, it was a nice way to raise awareness!
Before accepting the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard award, Beyonce proved she is the greatest entertainer alive with the night’s biggest performance which included an album medley including the tracks “Mine,” “Blow,” “Drunk In Love,” “Partition,” “Flawless” amongst many others!